Google
paidbux.com
Affiliate Programs •  SEO •  Banner •  Advertising •  Resources
CrispAds Blog Advertising

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Road to Being a Leader

In order to become a great leader you have to do some great following. Like following the footsteps and paths of great leaders that have come before. Because honestly, without them, the new generation of leaders coming up wouldn't even have a clue.

The summer after I graduated from high school I did work as an inspector for a civil engineering company constructing foundations for high-rise buildings. I was the inspector on the site. My job was to watch this big rig(pile driver) knock this 60-120ft piece of steel into the earth and count how many times it hit it per foot until it reached a certain capacity. I had the to tell construction workers who were 30 years my senior when they could stop working. Surely this was all new to me and I was obviously uncomfortable with the situation, but my boss knew that I was a leader and had the capabilities to get necessary objectives accomplished.

For the first month none of the workers would listen to a word that I said. I would have to get my boss on the phone to make sure they did the work that was expected of them. After three months of battling with the workers it was the end of the summer. As I was getting ready to head off to college the foreman took off his hard-hat, shook my hand, and said, "A true leader never demands respect. He earns it. And you've done a hell of a job of that here, son."

No matter what, there are always going to be obstacles and road blocks on your way to greatness. The only thing you have to do is get through them.

"There's only one road to true greatness: Through the school of the hard knocks"
Albert Einstein


Rahsheid White

2 comments:

THE ALPHA BLOG said...

Thank You but please continue to follow on the alphablogg.blogspot.com because this blog has been discontinued.

Anonymous said...

Incredible everyone!! This is probably the most interesting posting I ever before looked over! Very beneficial. Keep it up.